We’ve teamed up with show garden sponsor Champagne Laurent-Perrier to offer one reader the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Chelsea Flower Show on Thursday May 22 2014: the winner and their guest will also get to drink a glass of champagne by the Laurent-Perrier garden, plus a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé 75cl will be sent to the winner’s home address.
The Laurent-Perrier garden has previously won two best in shows in 2003 and 2008, plus 13 gold medals and two silver gilts. This year the garden will be the work of award-winning designer Luciano Giubbilei, and features a strong wooden sculpture by American artist Ursula von Rydingsvard.
To enter, simply fill in the details below and answer the question. Please note this competition is open to UK residents only, and the prize does not include travel to and from the show. See below for full terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
1. The Laurent Perrier competition (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Guardian News & Media Limited (“GNM”), Laurent-Perrier, or either of their group companies or family members, freelance contributors to GNM, or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition you must fill out the online entry form above. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Laurent-Perrier competition” in the subject line. Do not email us to enter; only email if you have difficulties using the online entry form above.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
6. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
7. The Competition closes at 23.59 on May 13 2013. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
8. The winner will be chosen from a random draw of correct entries.
9. One winner will receive one pair of tickets to the Chelsea Flower Show on Thursday May 22 2014. Prize includes one glass of champagne for each ticket holder, by the Laurent-Perrier garden, and one bottle of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé 75cl to be sent to the winner’s home address. The prize does not include travel to or from the show. GNM accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
10. The winner will be notified by phone or email on or before May 15 2014 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to GNM within four days of being notified by GNM, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from GNM within four days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner.
11. Details of the winner will also be published on the Guardian gardening blog on guardian.co.uk on June 4 2014 or (at GNM’s sole discretion) at a later date.
12. The prize will be delivered to the winner by May 21 2014.
13. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Gardening editor, Guardian News & Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU.
14. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. GNM retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
16. The winner may be required for promotional activity.
17. No purchase necessary.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of GNM for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. GNM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
20. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of GNM in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. GNM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
23. The Competition will be governed by English law. Promoter: Guardian News & Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU.